Age: 0+ months
Manufacturer Description: Introducing the newest member of our Forma collection—the Forma Backpack. With the same lightweight fabric and stylish quilted detailing, this backpack offers the convenience of hands-free parenting on the go. The spacious interior has room to tote everything from snacks to spare outfits and the extra wide opening makes it easy to find essentials in a pinch. The front compartment includes 2 multi-purpose packing cubes and allows for extra storage. Everything stays in reach with elasticized interior pockets and insulated side bottle pockets. The changing pad pocket performs double-duty, acting as a laptop holder when traveling. With the Forma backpack, function meets fashion to take you from birth to toddlerhood and beyond in style.
- Front section allows easy access to storage cubes
- Insulated cube is perfect for bottles
- Multipurpose mesh cube for clothing and snacks
- Changing pad pocket holds tablets and laptops up to 15″
- Extra wide dual zip opening
- Insulated side bottle pockets
- Elasticized interior pockets and cell phone pocket
- Cushioned shoulder straps
- Stroller straps
- Cushioned changing pad
- Phthalate-free, PVC-free
- Size (inches): 16l x 8w x 14h
Why This Sh!t Worked For Us:
We love the lightweight fabric, chic quilted design, and hands-free convenience that you don’t always have with a tote. Even when stuffed to capacity, the backpack can be worn quite comfortably or attached quickly and easily to the handle of either our Bugaboo Cameleon3 (on city streets) or Babyzen Yoyo+ (in the subway) using the stroller clips conveniently built into the shoulder straps. The extra wide dual zip opening reveals a much more spacious interior than I initially perceived. Spare diapers slip easily into one of the elasticized interior pockets; in the other, we store a travel-size spray bottle of Honest Soothing Bottom Wash (for super messy occasions), Honest sunscreen, Honest hand sanitizer (only during flu season), and other small essentials. On afternoons when Sydney happened to nap in her stroller, I liked to have my 13″ MacBook at the ready to duck into a coffee shop or park at an outdoor cafe (impossible once she was beyond her sleepy newborn stage); laptops seamlessly slide in and out of the interior changing pad pocket. The cell phone pocket within the front section is a little too small for an iPhone 7 Plus, but it’s perfect for keeping lip glosses, hand lotion and other beauty essentials in one place. I use the two insulated side bottle pockets to hold my sunglass case, a bottle of water or other quick-reach items, but my favorite features are the storage cubes that fit perfectly into the front section. One storage cube is insulated for baby bottle and food storage (doubles nicely as an organizational pouch for a bottle or sippy cup and a set of baby flatware). We keep a spare set of Sydney’s clothing in the multipurpose mesh cube because diaper blow-outs have their own set of Murphy’s Laws.
New Parent Tip: Never leave home without extra diapers and a spare set of season-appropriate clothing because a diaper blow-out falls under Murphy’s law. To alleviate any last-minute headaches when we’re trying to get through the time warp of our door, we immediately replenish any used items (e.g., diapers, soiled clothing) in our diaper bag each time we return from an outing, so that it’s ready to go whenever we are.
Space Saver: We store the Forma Diaper Backpack on the handlebar of our stroller using the clips conveniently embedded into the shoulder straps. Since the stroller sits by our front door, everything is ready to roll at a moment’s notice.
What’s Regularly In Our Diaper Bag?
- Diaper changing pad (included by manufacturer)
- Honest Diapers (4-5 count)
- WaterWipes Baby Wipes
- Honest Soothing Bottom Wash
- Honest Mineral Sunscreen Stick (SPF 30)
- Honest Hand Sanitizer (only during flu season)
- Spare set of season-appropriate clothing in mesh packing cube
- 4-oz OXO Tot Baby Blocks Freezer Storage Container* (+ healthy snack) in insolated packing cube
- OXO Tot On-the-Go Fork & Spoon Set with Carrying Case* in insolated packing cube
- Bumpkins Waterproof Sleeved Bib or Bumpkins Waterproof (Short-Sleeve) Junior Bib* (replaced our newborn bibs/burp cloths when Sydney began solids) in either wet or dry compartment of Skip Hop Grab & Go Wet/Dry Bag as appropriate
- OXO Tot Transitions Sippy Cup with water (replaced a 3-oz Ultra Premium PPSU bottle with breastmilk) in side pocket for quick access
- Spare iPhone charger
- Sunglass/eyeglass case
- On-the-go beauty essentials
*when solids are appropriate